Wynonna and Naomi Judd celebrated the opening of their new exhibit at the Country Music Hall of Fame & Museum on Aug. 8.
Opening to the public on Aug. 10 and running through July 14, 2019, The Judds: Dream Chasers explores the lives and careers of the Grammy-winning mother-daughter duo. Wynonna and Naomi Judd dominated the country charts during the 1980s and ’90s, selling more than 20 million albums and registering 20 Top 10 hits.
“The Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum is sacred ground, regarded with reverence and respect,” said Naomi. “I am so overjoyed to have The Judds’ career encapsulated in this new exhibit. I’m so proud of all the success Wynonna has accomplished and we owe everything to the fans who welcomed The Judds music into their homes.”
“I am truly humbled and grateful to partner with the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum to honor The Judds’ legacy and relive some of the special moments we shared with our fans,” added Wynonna. “What an honor.”
The exhibit features rare artifacts, original manuscripts, unpublished photos and keepsake costumes, including:
- Velvet jacket embellished with bugle beading and sequins, worn by Wynonna Judd on The Judds’ farewell concert in December 1991
- Lyrics to the song released by The Judds as “Rockin’ with the Rhythm of the Rain,” handwritten by Don Schlitz, who co-wrote the song with Brent Maher
- 1996 Gibson Custom Shop ES-336 electric guitar used by Wynonna in her solo concerts
- Nurse’s uniform worn by Naomi when she worked as a registered nurse
- Certificate presented to 17-year-old Naomi for her volunteer work as a Candy Striper at King’s Daughters Hospital in Ashland, Kentucky
- Hohner harmonicas and cigar box owned by Naomi, who began playing harmonica in the 1970s
- Note to Santa Claus, written by Naomi and her siblings when they were children
- Grammy for Best Country Song (1991) for “Love Can Build a Bridge,” presented to songwriters John Jarvis, Naomi and Paul Overstreet
- CMA Horizon Award presented to The Judds in 1984
- ACM Top Vocal Duet Award presented to The Judds in 1990
- Silk jacket embellished with beaded stars and worn by Wynonna Judd at the 1991 ACM Awards
- Kaat Tilley gown worn by Naomi Judd during The Judds’ nine-show residency in Las Vegas, October 2015
Take a sneak peek inside the exhibit, courtesy of photographer Tammie Arroyo, AFF-USA.com.
photos by Tammie Arroyo, AFF-USA.com